Transition August, 2013
Hello “Patriot64″ readers and fans. We will finally be transitioning to the site application of simply www.patriot64.com. It has been under construction for a while and should be ready for full release in the next few weeks. Don’t worry, when it goes on-line you will automatically be redirected from the old blog site which will remain active as an archive. We ask that you register and bookmark the new site also for your convenience. Thanks for being part of the discussion and we hope you enjoy "patriot64.com". Remember, “truth and reason first”… Spread the word…
Feel free to have look around the new site: http://www.patriot64.com/
September 2017 M T W T F S S « Jul 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Keep the message going...
IN CONGRESS, July 4, 1776.
The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America,
When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.-----
“We the People”"We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."
What folks are saying…
Tag Archives: Terrorism
Listening to the fringe on either side of the political argument these days can be frustrating. It all depends on your mood I suppose, and how receptive you are at any given moment, to the myriad of ideological rhetoric littering the air waves, television and the internet. Moreover, the currently super-charged environment which exists because of the events in Boston further complicates matters as every news agency and their affiliate want to be first with “the scoop”. I’m actually not even sure why I bother some days…Truthfully, I bother because I care about the future of my son’s country and I prefer to be an educated participant in the debate.
With this in mind and despite what some of my detractors would have you believe, I’ve never been much of government “conspiracy theorist”. My politics are much more human in terms of my confidence that our elected/appointed officials will actually adhere to their respective oaths. Nevertheless, as I listen to some credible media (and government) sources now reporting, at the very least, some face to face federal interaction with accused bomber Tamerlan Tsarnaev, I’m concerned about whether we either dropped the ball, or purposely looked away. Now I’m not in any way suggesting government involvement in the attacks, so you Lefty nuts can put a sock in it. I am suggesting however, that our current politically correct posture in this country may be compromising our ability to see the threat clearly, thereby compromising “We the People”.
Look, when a Jihadist psychopath yells “allahu-akbar” and guns down 12 soldiers and 1 civilian on a military installation, it’s not “work place violence”, it’s a terrorist attack damn it, and anyone who says differently is someone whose motives we should question.
Oh, and all Ft. Hood soldiers involved should receive their purple hearts and other “combat” related metals Mr. President. “War on Terror 101”
Listening to talk radio has its draw backs. It can frustrate you to the point of “calling in”, which would be the ultimate objective of the broadcast station I suppose. Nonetheless it does give you some insight into what “We the People” are thinking and saying.
I heard a Rhode Island pundit opining on the recent turmoil in Libya and elsewhere yesterday. He offered up that he was not prepared to place blame at the feet of the President or his administration just yet. He went on to say there was too much information out there, and that 4 days was simply not enough time to decipher the ever changing ramblings of the 24 hour news cycle. On its face, I am inclined to support his hypothesis. Having said that, let’s look at what we do know…
1. In 08, then Candidate Barack Obama and his Left Wing Brigade of college educated but grossly inexperienced upstarts, made no secret of their disdain for the “cowboy diplomacy” of the Bush Administration, as well as how they felt it ultimately left us less safe and hated by the rest of the world, (sort of like now). Ironic just the same, this coming from the drone wielding gunslingers who lit up an America citizen and his 15 year old son without the basic due process afforded them Constitutionally. Now we can certainly have a discussion about the line one may cross and become an enemy combatant, however I’m merely pointing out what appears to be some serious hypocrisy coming from the Obama propaganda machine.
2. The now (President Obama) continues that line of thinking and has even gone so far as to “tour” some of the more consequential nations of the broader Middle East during his term, and offer an outstretched hand in “friendship and cooperation”, along with an “improved diplomatic style” of international debate and conflict negotiation, (BS). And this comes on the heels of numerous speeches abroad which seemed anything but a show of American strength and/or consistency.
3. President Obama has snubbed and alienated our one true ally in the region Israel, while quietly bringing up the rear as nations like Egypt and Libya shook off the bonds of tyranny, only to allow them to fall prey to the bloodthirsty influence of the Islamofascists.
4. Iranian sanctions have only served to inflame the anti-American sentiment of a populous that at one point actually turned to our country for support in the face of the murderous mullahs’. Moreover, Iran is now almost 4 years closer to a nuclear weapon, a fact that will change the dynamic of this argument in ways we cannot even begin to imagine.
5. Tens of thousands, many of them innocents, are dying in the streets of Syria as am I writing this post today, and the President of the United States is content to stand by and abandon a legacy of American moral courage and obligation on behalf of human kind everywhere. A legacy carved out by his processors, the likes of which include John Kennedy and Harry Truman.
So, in view of just these facts alone, (and there are plenty more), I would like to ask some very simple questions.
1. If the POTUS’s “theory” regarding some twisted atonement for perceived “American sin” is to be deemed credible, then why is the Middle East now erupting into violence the likes of which we haven’t seen since Jimmy Carter’s imitation of a presidency in the late 1970’s?
2. Considering the political climate in that troubled part of the world which has been anything but one of peace and reconciliation, why then was our Ambassador Stevens, whose words are from the President’s mouth to the host nations leaders ears, not better protected?
3. And if it is true that Islam is truly a religion of peace, as promoted by the Secretary of State’s office and the President himself, then where are the mass protests of outrage by the so called “majority of Muslims” who are not of the radical persuasion in Egypt, Libya, Pakistan, (the U.S.) etc, condemning the acts of those who are supposedly misrepresenting their religion?
4. Did Obama and Biden “spiking the ball” on the whole (Osama thing) every other day enrage an already pissed off Islamist world and inspire revenge attacks on our interests on 9/11?
5. Has our hand of “friendship and cooperation” been rejected because it was never sought after in the first place by an evil doctrine of hate and violence, so perverted and manipulated by “Godless” criminals, that it is beyond any response but violence in return?
6. And finally today, has this President’s callous and “campaign oriented” approach to overseas crisis’ ultimately cost American lives?
I think we know enough to draw a few conclusions here, wouldn’t you say??
When I heard the President claim his “foreign policy experience and superiority” over Mitt Romney, while simultaneously trashing that of President George W. Bush, my first reaction was to lash out at the shear “audacity” of such an inference. I quickly laughed it off though, like every other ridiculous claim from this unprepared and unqualified Administration. However, with the recent reporting of Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens’ death at the hands of Libyan Militia, it’s just not that simple. Not only has this President diminished our nation in the eyes of the world, but his “lead from behind”, and policy of bowed appeasement, has undoubtedly cost American lives. From the unprecedented leaking of classified information which put the members of “Seal Team 6” in grave jeopardy, to an outstretched hand to the most sinister of Islamofascist organizations like the “Muslim Brotherhood”, the Obama Administration’s policies toward Egypt, Iran, Libya and Syria, along with their seemingly sarcastic indifference to allies like Israel, demonstrate a lack of cohesive and appropriate diplomatic initiative / oversight at the senior most levels. Stealing the credit for the bin-Laden assault and sidestepping victory in favor of premature troop pullouts, does not make you an expert in foreign policy Mr. President. It makes you a political punch line overseas, and “We the People” far less safe.
God bless the family of Chris Stevens. He died doing his duty for his country…
Events here at home have us focused on our Colorado brothers and sisters, and this is all together appropriate. We continue to pray for the souls of the twelve who were so senselessly taken, and for those fighting for their lives in Aurora area hospitals. I for one will be watching as “evil” will face justice beginning tomorrow.
However scenes from around the globe remind us of the perils still lurking outside our door. Syria is poised to dissolve into total chaos as Assad and his regime run out of options. This is worrisome when we consider the amount of chemical and biological weapons that monster has stockpiled, and whether he would now use them to hang on to power or exact revenge. Worse yet, might they fall into the hands of terrorists should the government ultimately collapse? Assad is no Khadafy. He was raised a purposeful and blood thirsty killer, just like his old man. And it is likely he will lash out in some fashion before this is all over. Israel is monitoring the situation closely as is to be expected, and at the same time their attention is focused on Iran and the “shoulder monkey” terrorist group, Hezbollah. Truth be told, the Israelis will not run for the politically correct cover of the so called “United Nations” as does Secretary of State Clinton, but rather they will act in the best interest of their people first. And if it can be determined that the Iranians had a hand in the Bulgarian bus bombing, then you can bet some Hezbollah operative and/or one or more of his Ahmadinejad handlers, are going to have a severe case of shrapnel disease coming on.
All this comes under the backdrop of another UN attempt to corral the U.S. into a Constitutionally incompatible small arms treaty, and while Mitt Romney is planning to go overseas as part of a campaign initiative to roll out and gauge international support for the Presidential Candidate.
The weeks ahead are sure to bring more fateful events outside our borders, and the United States had better be prepared to act if need be.