Listening to talk radio has its draw backs. It can frustrate you to the point of “calling in”, which would be the ultimate objective of the broadcast station I suppose. Nonetheless it does give you some insight into what “We the People” are thinking and saying.
I heard a Rhode Island pundit opining on the recent turmoil in Libya and elsewhere yesterday. He offered up that he was not prepared to place blame at the feet of the President or his administration just yet. He went on to say there was too much information out there, and that 4 days was simply not enough time to decipher the ever changing ramblings of the 24 hour news cycle. On its face, I am inclined to support his hypothesis. Having said that, let’s look at what we do know…
1. In 08, then Candidate Barack Obama and his Left Wing Brigade of college educated but grossly inexperienced upstarts, made no secret of their disdain for the “cowboy diplomacy” of the Bush Administration, as well as how they felt it ultimately left us less safe and hated by the rest of the world, (sort of like now). Ironic just the same, this coming from the drone wielding gunslingers who lit up an America citizen and his 15 year old son without the basic due process afforded them Constitutionally. Now we can certainly have a discussion about the line one may cross and become an enemy combatant, however I’m merely pointing out what appears to be some serious hypocrisy coming from the Obama propaganda machine.
2. The now (President Obama) continues that line of thinking and has even gone so far as to “tour” some of the more consequential nations of the broader Middle East during his term, and offer an outstretched hand in “friendship and cooperation”, along with an “improved diplomatic style” of international debate and conflict negotiation, (BS). And this comes on the heels of numerous speeches abroad which seemed anything but a show of American strength and/or consistency.
3. President Obama has snubbed and alienated our one true ally in the region Israel, while quietly bringing up the rear as nations like Egypt and Libya shook off the bonds of tyranny, only to allow them to fall prey to the bloodthirsty influence of the Islamofascists.
4. Iranian sanctions have only served to inflame the anti-American sentiment of a populous that at one point actually turned to our country for support in the face of the murderous mullahs’. Moreover, Iran is now almost 4 years closer to a nuclear weapon, a fact that will change the dynamic of this argument in ways we cannot even begin to imagine.
5. Tens of thousands, many of them innocents, are dying in the streets of Syria as am I writing this post today, and the President of the United States is content to stand by and abandon a legacy of American moral courage and obligation on behalf of human kind everywhere. A legacy carved out by his processors, the likes of which include John Kennedy and Harry Truman.
So, in view of just these facts alone, (and there are plenty more), I would like to ask some very simple questions.
1. If the POTUS’s “theory” regarding some twisted atonement for perceived “American sin” is to be deemed credible, then why is the Middle East now erupting into violence the likes of which we haven’t seen since Jimmy Carter’s imitation of a presidency in the late 1970’s?
2. Considering the political climate in that troubled part of the world which has been anything but one of peace and reconciliation, why then was our Ambassador Stevens, whose words are from the President’s mouth to the host nations leaders ears, not better protected?
3. And if it is true that Islam is truly a religion of peace, as promoted by the Secretary of State’s office and the President himself, then where are the mass protests of outrage by the so called “majority of Muslims” who are not of the radical persuasion in Egypt, Libya, Pakistan, (the U.S.) etc, condemning the acts of those who are supposedly misrepresenting their religion?
4. Did Obama and Biden “spiking the ball” on the whole (Osama thing) every other day enrage an already pissed off Islamist world and inspire revenge attacks on our interests on 9/11?
5. Has our hand of “friendship and cooperation” been rejected because it was never sought after in the first place by an evil doctrine of hate and violence, so perverted and manipulated by “Godless” criminals, that it is beyond any response but violence in return?
6. And finally today, has this President’s callous and “campaign oriented” approach to overseas crisis’ ultimately cost American lives?
I think we know enough to draw a few conclusions here, wouldn’t you say??