Transition August, 2013
Hello “Patriot64″ readers and fans. We will finally be transitioning to the site application of simply www.patriot64.com. It has been under construction for a while and should be ready for full release in the next few weeks. Don’t worry, when it goes on-line you will automatically be redirected from the old blog site which will remain active as an archive. We ask that you register and bookmark the new site also for your convenience. Thanks for being part of the discussion and we hope you enjoy "patriot64.com". Remember, “truth and reason first”… Spread the word…
Feel free to have look around the new site: http://www.patriot64.com/
May 2017 M T W T F S S « Jul 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Keep the message going...
IN CONGRESS, July 4, 1776.
The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America,
When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.-----
“We the People”"We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."
What folks are saying…
Tag Archives: Libya
I was taken back when I heard the father of Special Operator Woods’ father commenting on Benghazi and the death of his hero son, Tyrone. Charles Woods is a soft spoken man but his pain and sorrow were evident. As someone who has seen his fair share of tragedy, I assure you I’m taking that pain into account as I write this post.
Nonetheless, Mr. Woods went a long way to making my point the other night about the major news outlets stuffing the Benghazi story until the President is re-elected. And given the latest revelations from high level sources on the ground in Libya during the attack, which detail the horrific battle that was raging there, the scandal continues to grow larger and more sinister with each passing day.
I must tell you, the Administration’s attempts to stonewall the truth about what happened in Libya have now become the story. Pandora’s box is open and there are now a host of new questions regarding everything from the Obama foreign policy, to military preparedness and operational questions. And Mr. Obama’s decision to haunt the Hollywood talk shows instead of holding a press conference to clarify all of this “intelligence” he supposedly received, might just cost him his job. At the end of the day, if the President can’t provide the American people with an explanation, then who do we go to? “We the People” look to the POTUS as the leader of the free world. He was elected on the promise of “Hope and Change”, “transparency” and a new way forward. Therefore, he is either inept and not up to the job, or he is lying.
The actions of S/O Woods, and S/O Doherty on the night of September 11th in Benghazi, were nothing short of selfless and morally courageous. They readily stepped up and gave their own lives to save their comrades in harm’s way. I Implore the Commander-in-Chief to fulfill his responsibility to their families, the families of Ambassador Stevens and Attaché Sean Smith, as well as the American people, and hold a press conference today to explain just what the hell happened over there, what he knew and when he knew it.
The anguish of Mr. Woods and the other family members is only magnified when they don’t have a clear picture of how their love ones were lost. Moreover, the ridiculous but initially adamant claims by Secretary of State Clinton, Ambassador Rice and Jay Carney, that these events were somehow related to a foolish and inconsequential video made in a free country, should be fully investigated by an oversight committee with appropriate sanctions leveled if needed. These people answer to us damn it, and Charles Woods deserves to know how and “why” his son died, Mr. President.
As a side note: If we are to believe Mr. Woods claims, (and we have no reason not to), regarding the remark made to him by VP Biden as his sons casket was being loaded into a hearse concerning the size of his sons “balls” in relation to those of “cue balls”, then President Obama should pull that jackass aside and explain the merits of his immediate retirement from public service. What a disgrace!
Based on now overwhelming evidence, reasonable people must agree the Obama Administration and its surrogates, to include Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, UN Ambassador Susan Rice and Chief WH Spokesperson Jay Carney, lied to the American people and the world regarding the attacks on our consulate in Benghazi, Libya. At the very least, that evidence now indicates there was a planned and highly coordinated assault on both the embassy proper and its annex one mile away lasting nearly seven hours, in which Ambassador Stevens, his attaché and two security forces personal were murdered. And while this “act of war” and the facts which surround it will continue to unravel in the days and weeks ahead, it is not why I write tonight.
I write because I continue to be stunned and outraged at the notion only FOX News is covering this story in its appropriate context, that being an unforgivable act of combat violence against a sworn ambassador and his team in a foreign land. I am not suggesting these types of travesties will not or can never happen. What I am saying, is that by and large the majority of American media outlets have chosen to down-play the events so as not to jeopardize the re-election of President Barack Obama.
This is without a doubt the worst abuse of the free press I have ever witnessed, and goes far beyond the typical Left Wing slant. While the families of the lost wait in anguish for what now appear to be answers which have existed right along, the majority of the “lame stream” media have failed in their sacred profession, and chosen instead to spit in the face of every American who looks to them for a truthful and un-biased reporting of the facts. In doing so, they are compromising everything our soldiers are fighting and dying for, as well as the sanctity of the America electoral process. I am nothing short of disgusted to know, that had this been George W. Bush or any Republican President, these same fools would be screaming for his resignation or immediate impeachment. It is a sad day in America when our allies around the world look on in disappointment as “truth, justice and the American way” are slowly relegated into obscurity by this President and his administration.
Election 2012 aside, the events in Benghazi, and the now obvious attempt at cover-up by the Obama Administration and a complicit media, have already cast a cloud over our national soul that will not soon be removed. What a damn disgrace.
Listening to talk radio has its draw backs. It can frustrate you to the point of “calling in”, which would be the ultimate objective of the broadcast station I suppose. Nonetheless it does give you some insight into what “We the People” are thinking and saying.
I heard a Rhode Island pundit opining on the recent turmoil in Libya and elsewhere yesterday. He offered up that he was not prepared to place blame at the feet of the President or his administration just yet. He went on to say there was too much information out there, and that 4 days was simply not enough time to decipher the ever changing ramblings of the 24 hour news cycle. On its face, I am inclined to support his hypothesis. Having said that, let’s look at what we do know…
1. In 08, then Candidate Barack Obama and his Left Wing Brigade of college educated but grossly inexperienced upstarts, made no secret of their disdain for the “cowboy diplomacy” of the Bush Administration, as well as how they felt it ultimately left us less safe and hated by the rest of the world, (sort of like now). Ironic just the same, this coming from the drone wielding gunslingers who lit up an America citizen and his 15 year old son without the basic due process afforded them Constitutionally. Now we can certainly have a discussion about the line one may cross and become an enemy combatant, however I’m merely pointing out what appears to be some serious hypocrisy coming from the Obama propaganda machine.
2. The now (President Obama) continues that line of thinking and has even gone so far as to “tour” some of the more consequential nations of the broader Middle East during his term, and offer an outstretched hand in “friendship and cooperation”, along with an “improved diplomatic style” of international debate and conflict negotiation, (BS). And this comes on the heels of numerous speeches abroad which seemed anything but a show of American strength and/or consistency.
3. President Obama has snubbed and alienated our one true ally in the region Israel, while quietly bringing up the rear as nations like Egypt and Libya shook off the bonds of tyranny, only to allow them to fall prey to the bloodthirsty influence of the Islamofascists.
4. Iranian sanctions have only served to inflame the anti-American sentiment of a populous that at one point actually turned to our country for support in the face of the murderous mullahs’. Moreover, Iran is now almost 4 years closer to a nuclear weapon, a fact that will change the dynamic of this argument in ways we cannot even begin to imagine.
5. Tens of thousands, many of them innocents, are dying in the streets of Syria as am I writing this post today, and the President of the United States is content to stand by and abandon a legacy of American moral courage and obligation on behalf of human kind everywhere. A legacy carved out by his processors, the likes of which include John Kennedy and Harry Truman.
So, in view of just these facts alone, (and there are plenty more), I would like to ask some very simple questions.
1. If the POTUS’s “theory” regarding some twisted atonement for perceived “American sin” is to be deemed credible, then why is the Middle East now erupting into violence the likes of which we haven’t seen since Jimmy Carter’s imitation of a presidency in the late 1970’s?
2. Considering the political climate in that troubled part of the world which has been anything but one of peace and reconciliation, why then was our Ambassador Stevens, whose words are from the President’s mouth to the host nations leaders ears, not better protected?
3. And if it is true that Islam is truly a religion of peace, as promoted by the Secretary of State’s office and the President himself, then where are the mass protests of outrage by the so called “majority of Muslims” who are not of the radical persuasion in Egypt, Libya, Pakistan, (the U.S.) etc, condemning the acts of those who are supposedly misrepresenting their religion?
4. Did Obama and Biden “spiking the ball” on the whole (Osama thing) every other day enrage an already pissed off Islamist world and inspire revenge attacks on our interests on 9/11?
5. Has our hand of “friendship and cooperation” been rejected because it was never sought after in the first place by an evil doctrine of hate and violence, so perverted and manipulated by “Godless” criminals, that it is beyond any response but violence in return?
6. And finally today, has this President’s callous and “campaign oriented” approach to overseas crisis’ ultimately cost American lives?
I think we know enough to draw a few conclusions here, wouldn’t you say??
So how does the POTUS respond? He misrepresents and lies regarding Governor Romney’s statement concerning the attack in Libya, blows off yet another “intelligence” briefing, then jets off to Vegas to raise some campaign cash calling Ambassador Stevens’ death “a bad day”. Mr. Obama’s strategy for addressing a monumental failure of policy and leadership, which in this author’s opinion resulted in the coordinated murder of 1 United States Ambassador and 3 Diplomatic/military attaches’ on the anniversary of 9/11, appears to be to do more of the same.
Nonetheless it is ironic, that with memories of the DNC Convention still lingering, and all the attempts to portray Mr. Obama as somehow foreign policy savvy, that we now see the complete ineptitude of an inexperienced political creation way out of his league. Even more ironic though easier to reconcile, is that the press feels it is unacceptable to question the Administration or the POTUS regarding foreign policy during a campaign cycle. This from the same bunch of dolts that couldn’t print enough of then Candidate Obama’s distortions about President Bush’s foreign policy initiatives. Heck, the “Lame Stream Media” unwittingly gave us all of the one liners and sound bites we now use against the President. Turns out Obama in his own words is a treasure trove of material.
Ultimately, my advice to the President at this time would be this. You have just lost a senior and well respected diplomat to a terrorist attack, and there must be accountability. Your Administration is the laughing stock of the Middle East and most everywhere else but the U.S. East and West Coast. I beg you please, do your Constitutional duty Sir and protect the interest and safety of the American people here and abroad.
When I heard the President claim his “foreign policy experience and superiority” over Mitt Romney, while simultaneously trashing that of President George W. Bush, my first reaction was to lash out at the shear “audacity” of such an inference. I quickly laughed it off though, like every other ridiculous claim from this unprepared and unqualified Administration. However, with the recent reporting of Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens’ death at the hands of Libyan Militia, it’s just not that simple. Not only has this President diminished our nation in the eyes of the world, but his “lead from behind”, and policy of bowed appeasement, has undoubtedly cost American lives. From the unprecedented leaking of classified information which put the members of “Seal Team 6” in grave jeopardy, to an outstretched hand to the most sinister of Islamofascist organizations like the “Muslim Brotherhood”, the Obama Administration’s policies toward Egypt, Iran, Libya and Syria, along with their seemingly sarcastic indifference to allies like Israel, demonstrate a lack of cohesive and appropriate diplomatic initiative / oversight at the senior most levels. Stealing the credit for the bin-Laden assault and sidestepping victory in favor of premature troop pullouts, does not make you an expert in foreign policy Mr. President. It makes you a political punch line overseas, and “We the People” far less safe.
God bless the family of Chris Stevens. He died doing his duty for his country…